NIFT is the common entrance test being conducted every year by the National Institute of Fashion Technology for the admission to UG and PG courses in Fashion Design, Leather Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design, Communication Design, Fashion Management and Apparel Production offered by NIFT. All eligible candidates will have to appear for a written entrance examination at the Examination Centers opted by them. The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the program opted.
Paper Pattern for NIFT : -
1) In NIFT entrance exam, there will be three components such as General Ability test (GAT), Creative Ability Test (CAT) and Managerial Ability Test (MAT).
2) For B. Des / M. Des courses the NIFT entrance test paper consists of two sections such as GAT and CAT.
3) For B.F.Tech/ M.F.M/ M.F.Tech courses the NIFT entrance test paper consists of two sections such as GAT and MAT.
4) The number of questions may vary in each section year to year.
5) The objective type tests are subject to negative marking at the rate of 0.25 for each wrong answer.